- Managing Partner, since 1984
Attorney Mark A. Cloutier grew up in a large family in South Portland, Maine, and is the brother of Attorneys James F. Cloutier, Thomas W. Cloutier and Andrew J. Cloutier. Mark is a graduate of Cheverus High School, the University of Maine at Portland-Gorham and the University of Maine School of Law.
Mark has practiced law in downtown Portland for 30 years, and for the past 25 years has focused his practice in the areas of workers' compensation, employment law, claims under the Maine Human Rights Act, and disability disputes with general insurers and the Maine Public Employees Retirement System. Mark has represented members of the Maine Education Association (MEA) in workers' compensation, employment and disability disputes for more than 20 years. In addition, Mark has provided legal representation and advice in the areas of business law and real estate law.
A baseball enthusiast, Mark has been actively involved in local baseball coaching from T-Ball through Junior American Legion over a period spanning nearly twenty (20) years. He is a longtime member of Purpoodock Golf Club in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Mark and his wife, Anna, live in Cape Elizabeth, and have three children, Catherine, Zachary and Andrew.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation
- Employment Law
- Maine Human Rights Act Claims
- Public Employee Disability Cases
- Maine, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1981
- University of Maine School of Law, Portland, Maine
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1981
- University of Maine, Portland, Maine
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 00/1978
- Honors: magna cum laude
- First Portland Mortgage Services, Inc.
- Government Employees Credit Union of Maine
- Maine Municipal Association
- Maine Teachers Association
- Maine Education Association (MEA)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Senior Man, University of Maine at Portland Gorham, 1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- First Portland Mortgage Services, Inc., 00/1985
- Sigma Nu