Gerard P. Conley
- Partner and Founding Member
Jerry Conley is the oldest of twelve children and a lifelong resident of Portland, Maine. He is a graduate of Cheverus High School, Saint Anselm College (summa cum laude), and the University of Maine School of Law.
Jerry worked as an Assistant Attorney General from 1980-1982 representing the State of Maine in child abuse cases. He served Governor Joe Brennan as general counsel in the Governor's Office of Employee Relations from 1982-1984. He was a member of Governor Brennan's Parole Board from 1984-1986.
Jerry was elected to the Maine House of Representatives from 1986-1990. He was also elected to the Maine State Senate from 1990-1994. During his years representing the City of Portland in the Maine Legislature, Jerry served as Senate Chair of the Judiciary Committee and as a member of the Judiciary, Labor, and Human Services Committees. Jerry also served as a member of Governor John Baldacci's Judicial Selection Committee from 2006-2010.
In 1984, Jerry became a partner and founding member of Cloutier, Conley & Duffett, P.A. He specializes in criminal defense, personal injury, and public employee disability cases. He is married and lives with his wife, Mary Cahill, and their three children, Patrick, Connor and Kieran, in Portland.
Year Joined Firm
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Public Employee Disability Cases
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1979
- U.S. District Court District of Maine, 1980
- University of Maine School of Law, Portland, Maine
- St. Anselm College, Manchester, New Hampshire
- Honors: summa cum laude
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Judiciary Committee, Maine Legislature, Senate Chair
- Judiciary, Labor, and Human Services Committees, Maine Legislature, Member
- Governor John Baldacci’s Judicial Selection Committee, Member, 2006 to 2010
Past Employment Positions
- State of Maine, Assistant Attorney General, 1980 to 1982
- Governor Joe Brennan, Governor’s Office of Employee Relations, General Counsel, 1982 to 1984
- Governor Brennan’s Parole Board, Member, 1984 to 1986
- Maine House of Representatives, 1986 to 1990
- Maine State Senate, 1990 to 1994